(select-window nil) crash with gcc-8.2.0

From: Madhu
Subject: (select-window nil) crash with gcc-8.2.0
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 07:41:57 +0530

Hello, Compiling emacs with gcc-8.2.0 on amd64 with CFLAGS = -O2 -Os
causes emacs to crash when invoking M-: (select-window nil).  Clearly
gcc-8.2.0 is miscompiling code with these optimization settings (-O2
-Os) and I'm seeing crashes elsewhere where I am unable to isolate the
problem.  However the emacs crash is easily isolatable and could point
to the bug in either gcc, (or possibly in emacs if there is some wrong
assumption). Maybe someone with gcc-8.2.0 can verify the crash?