Re: Branch freezing for release

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Branch freezing for release
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:04:30 +0300

> From: Noam Postavsky <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 21:03:28 -0400
> Cc: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> > > Though perhaps there is some fuzziness in CONTRIBUTE over the exact
> > > meaning of "is in the very last stages of its pretest".
> >
> > If someone can suggest a better way of saying that, please do.  The
> > text does say soon afterwards "if you are unsure, ask".
>
> Maybe it helps to spell out a number?

I'd hesitate to fix the number at 90 (or any other specific number),
because sometimes .90 is not close enough.  We could say .100, but
AFAIR that happened only once or twice in the history, so it would not
be helpful.  The problem here is that the number is not determined by
how close we think we are to the release, its correlation with that is
very weak.