Re: isearch region or thing at point.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: isearch region or thing at point.
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 14:15:26 +0200

Hi Eli:

This patch has changed a lot because some others made suggestions I
considered useful. I will attach the new patch in another mail.

On the other hand it makes sense that M-w should be used in case the
user wants to add the text in the minibuffer to the kill-ring.
(Something like isearchp-kill-ring-save)

So maybe M-r (region) or M-i (insert) must be used for what I propose
and Drew may add the isearch-kill-ring-save function he wrote and bind
it to M-w. That way there will be all the copy functionalities in place.

But then we must recommend bind M-r or M-i (or whatever) for similar
functionalities. And if possible correct other modes to be consistent
with that (if that does not start a religious war here please).

I will try to do the same for replace-like commands.