Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 14:24:12 -0400

On 2019-05-13 10:51, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> Cc: Alex Gramiak
>> <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
>> address@hidden,  address@hidden Date: Mon, 13 May
>> 2019 06:32:21 +0200
>>
>> Yesterday, after writing the above, I've checked out the gtk
>> project and enabled Magit/Forge on it.  The initial fetch of the
>> topics (~1900 issues and ~800 merge requests) took about two hours,
>> but contrary to what has been reported in another message in this
>> thread, it did not crash and indicated its progess in the mode-line
>> (something like pulling 1211/1871 Issues).
>
> 1900 issues is about an order of magnitude less than what we have,
> AFAIU, so 2 hours is quite a lot.  Also, I'm not sure Clément tried
> this DB, perhaps he tried a larger one.

Correct: I tried a larger one (77'000 `topics', i.e. 50 thousand issues and 27
thousand patch discussions).

Jonas, the creator of forge, reports in the Github discussion
(https://github.com/magit/ghub/issues/87) that fetching problems are usually
due to intermittent connectivity issues, and that retrying sometimes fixes
them.  Here is an extra bit of relevant information [this is in reply to Toon
inquiring about GraphQL]: