Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 05:57:07 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> It depends on what you are looking for.  Searching for duplicates is
> tricky if it uses just plain text, because in many cases it's not
> clear what text to search for.

Yeah...  but wouldn't that be the case in any search-based system?
Whether a thing is a duplicate or not takes a lot of human judgement.

> And even in other cases, a lot of my searches hit uninteresting parts
> of the report body, e.g. the part that describes the system/Emacs
> configuration and linked-in libraries.  A search that ignores certain
> parts of the reports, and generally is more intelligent about those
> parts, would be a significant improvement.

Yes, that is true.

I wonder what would happen if we stuck those bits in an attachment?
That should make it easier to filter out those bits, but I don't know
whether debbugs supports that.