Re: Omitting "Maintainer:"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Omitting "Maintainer:"
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 12:44:55 -0400

> useless, and the remaining "Maintainer:" instances are easily (and
> more-accurately) determined from the commit logs. If we had removed

Well, that depends: in many files, the commit log has loads of cosmetic
commits from other people than the maintainer, so it's good to have an
official statement about who considers himself in charge.

Also, the `Maintainer:` line can specify a mailing-list or a "virtual"
email, whereas commits usually specify the personal email of
a given individual.

This said, I agree that whether the "Maintainer: emacs-devel.." are
useful is debatable.

        Stefan