Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote

From: Paul W. Rankin
Subject: Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 18:55:58 +1000

On Wed, May 22 2019, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I think there might be some over-reaction here.  No one reprimanded
> you for bringing up this suggestion.  What happened is that Richard
> expressed his opinion about the suggested feature, that's all.  I'm
> sure you will agree that some suggestions which Stefan and myself
> solicited will cause objections and disagreements.  That's entirely
> normal and should be expected.
>
> Let's continue discussing this issue until we understand the balance
> of the different opinions about your proposal.

            Emacs, a play by Bertolt Brecht
            -------------------------------

Emacs:  Please proffer your suggestions on how Emacs could be
        improved, for we wish to attract new users!

Me:     As a comparatively new user, I remember when learning Emacs
        I found this part ugly and confusing. Here is a suggestion
        from such a perspective on how it could be improved.

Emacs:  It seems impossible that a new user would find that part
        ugly or confusing. It is unthinkable that it would be
        improved.

                    ~ fin ~

Thanks for the response. Please don't consider this as my proposal, I
don't really want to keep debating whether I found something
ugly/confusing or not. It's just a thing left in the Emacs Suggestion
Box. Do with what you will.