emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] master ab87198: Port better to non-IEEE platforms

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master ab87198: Port better to non-IEEE platforms
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 07:50:17 +0000

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:52 PM Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
>     * src/lread.c (string_to_number) [!IEEE_FLOATING_POINT]:
>     Do not use the INFINITY macro, since the C standard requires
>     it to provoke a compile-time error on platforms that do not
>     support infinities.

I'm not sure we want to even support machines that do not have a
concept of infinity; certainly simply treating 1.0e+INF as a symbol in
that case would be confusing?

Which non-IEEE_FLOATING_POINT targets are there? I'm not defining
IEEE_FLOATING_POINT for the SpiderMonkey thing, but I do want
infinities.