[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Orgmode] table bug and SCHEDULED: issue

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] table bug and SCHEDULED: issue
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:41:19 -0600

On 11/21/06, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 20, 2006, at 17:49, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
Well, there is possibility that this might have worked, but I am not
For me, if I use this file, I do get an entry "quick info" on November
2 in
my agenda, I don't understand why you don't.  The reason why it is in
the agenda is the naked time stamp, and has nothing to do with the
SCHEDULED keyword.  Thats why this entry shows up only on the day and
is not forwarded like a scheduled item would be.

Why are you not using:

* quick info
  | Blah Blah blah              |
  | SCHEDULED: <2006-11-02 Thu> |
  | DEADLINE:                   |

then this item would really be scheduled for this date.

I forgot about the naked timestamps.  That's why it probably worked on
the day I first tested it.  The table just grew into what it is.  I
originally had for each project something like

* WORKING [/] Some project                    :product1:
*** Quick info
   | problem report          | 123               |
   | release                 | v4r5m6            |
   | estimate                | 2 weeks           |
   | start date              | [date]            |
   | base code complete      | [date]            |
   | secondary code complete |                   |
   | testing complete        |                   |
   | toolset level           | 10.3              |
   | build environment setup | <build setup cmd> |

*** status ...

*** [/] investigation ...

*** [/] steps ...

*** [/] secondary steps ...

*** [/] testing ...

As I've started using agenda I've begun to look into using active
dates and the scheduling keywords.  I was trying to replace "start
date" with SCHEDULE: and I apparently fooled myself into thinking it
worked once.  :-)  I'll probably just move the scheduling keywords
under the project heading.

Also, I tried to recreate the bug with undo in the table on cygwin.
It doesn't happen there.  It also hasn't been 100% re-creatable today
on the original system.  Unless someone else sees it, I would waste
much time on it.  If I see it again I'll see if I can narrow it down.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]