Re: [Orgmode] Re: storing link doesn't work from Gnus

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: storing link doesn't work from Gnus
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:09:59 +0100

On Nov 27, 2006, at 12:55, Maurice Boucher wrote:

Hello Carsten,

I hope I can clearly explain my conclusions :

If I put org.el in my local emacs site, all is fine.
If I compile org.el with my emacs and put org.elc in my emacs site, all
is fine too.

If I do "make install" in folder org-4.56 (normal installation), I have
the bug.

I think it is the script "Makefile" that is wrong ?

That may be so. This probably means that Emacs is not looking for org.el and org.elc in the location where you the Makefile installs them.

You should have edited the Makefile to make sure that the files are installed into the correct location. Specifically, lispdir should point to the same file where you do install the files when you do it by hand. Is that so?

- Carsten