Re: [Orgmode] Re: Table questions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Table questions
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:20:25 +0100

On Dec 19, 2006, at 17:54, Michael wrote:
I agree that you probably don't want to exactly replace the full power of Excel. But this simple feature makes it possible to keep track of simple
data.  I won't mind having to redo the formula after row swapping etc.,
which I think won't happen so often for a given table anyway.

The question is exactly where to draw this border.  Decisive
for me is if I can find a clear an logical way to define things.
I guess something more about this will materialize eventually, but it will take a bit.

Yes, I think it would and I have been thinking to make this possible.
However, once I allow this, people will want to use \multicolumn, and
this seems for me to be beyond the scope.

I think you can ignore the rows with multicolumn in it, which would satisfy
most people I imagine.

by ignore you mean simple not format those lines? That might be an option.

However, it is unlikely that I will the table editor in org-mode to
handle such cases.  It is more likely that at some point I'll will
make a separate program based on it, that will be more flexible to adapt.

- Carsten