Re: [Orgmode] Named fields in tables

From: Uwe Jochum
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Named fields in tables
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:28:33 +0100

Message from Mrz 14 2007 (16:44):
> This is correct, because "-" is an operator.  How would you tell the
> difference between "$sum - 2" and "$sum-2"?
>
> Is that not documented?  Damn I guess I assumed this to be
> obvious.  Not so.

Carsten,

you're right: the "-"-problem should be obvious... But I am not trained
as a mathematician or a computer scientist, I am a humble literary
scholar and librarian who looks on the "-" as a simple dash, not an
operator. But I like to learn the way others think and computer programs
work.

Thanks for the explanation!

Uwe