Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.68

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.68
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:39:52 +0100

> I have forwarded this mail to David O'Toole, to find out if he still
> feels responsible for changes in org-publish.  Lets wait if he responds.

Okay. I'll see if i'm able to go through org-publish and track this down.

>>   What about using C-c <return> to insert a plain |---- line *and* go
>> down
>>   to a cell ?  Currently, it's still bounded to org-insert-heading.
>
> Do you mean down to a cell in the current column, or down to the first
> cell in the row below the newly inserted hline?

Down to the first cell in the row below the newly inserted hline.

> You have two options:
>
> 1.  Make a table using the table.el package.

I'll try this one in cases where i don't want to use the narrowing
workaround (which is usually fine).

> I guess this is not very well though-out, and maybe it would be good
> to simply export the text before the first heading.

Definitely.  +1 vote!

>> * *[[link]]* are not boldified when exported to HTML.
>
> No it does not.  Should it?  What is the purpose of making some links
> bold? Are you thinking about internal or external links?  Would CSS maybe
> be a better place to address formatting of links?

I was using links with the #+LINK system, looking for words in wikipedia
like this : [[wikipedia:Word][Word]].  And then highlighting some words in
the text, some of them beeing *also* links.  But you're right, no need to
fontified links more than necessary.

> I cannot reproduce this.  Could you make an example file and show the
> ics entry you get?  Thanks!

Er.  I cannot reproduce this anymore.  BTW, the main problem is that links
in headings are exported as it: [[...][...]].  I think we should just keep
the descriptive part of links in iCal.

Thanks,

--
Bastien