RESOLVED Re: [Orgmode] done todos only date stamped, not date-time stamp

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: RESOLVED Re: [Orgmode] done todos only date stamped, not date-time stamped
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:29:00 -0400

Egli Christian (KIRO 41) said unto the world upon 07/12/2007 05:09 AM:
Hi Brian

From your description it sounds like you are using the org-mode that
comes with Emacs 22, so I doubt you need to set the path/to/org.

Basically since org-mode comes with Emacs 22 you just need to follow the
instructions in
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#Activation.
If you are a user that is just starting with Emacs and wants to tweak
the behaviour of it you might want to look into M-x customize. This is
generally the most straight forward way to change any settings. Org-mode
comes with extensive customize support. In the menu select
Org->Customize->Browse Org Group or try M-x customize-apropos expr
<RET>. See also the Customization section in the manual
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#Customization

Hope that helps Christian

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, Christian.

I decided to figure out how to upgrade org-mode. It is the first time I've added or upgraded an emacs package, and, so far as I can tell, I broke nothing :-)

Moving from org-mode 4.56 to 5.02 has resolved the problem.

Your suggestion to explore customize is a good one, Christian. So far, I don't much like customize for actually administering my set-up, but I have found it to be very useful for discovering what tweaks one can effect. When I poked about there to try to resolve this issue before, I didn't see anything that I recognized as a solution. But, with my inexperience with emacs, that might say more about me than it does about the org-mode customize tree.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and I look forward to posting more sophisticated problems in the fullness of time :-)

Best to all,

Brian vdB