Re: [Orgmode] Re: feature request: (more) in agenda?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: feature request: (more) in agenda?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 02:33:24 +0200

address@hidden writes:

>   >     In any case, I don't think it is that uncommon to have todo
>   > heading with body info and I know I would be annoyed by a feature
>   > like this if I couldn't turn it off.  I think there is a more
>   > general/flexible feature that could implement this waiting to be
>   > thought up.
>
> Thanks for the input, I like that customizeble format string in agenda
> views idea of yours.

Either a format string (stored in a :Agenda: property?) or something
similar to the :COLUMNS: property.

For example, if there were a new special property for the %CONTENT, then
this property could be used to store the first characters of the current
headline's content.

  :AGENDA: %TAGS %TODO %25ITEM %15CONTENT %20SCHEDULED

Would make the following todo line:

,----
| * Try to propose something useful to Org people     :tag:
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   SCHEDULED: <2007-08-13 lun>
|   :AGENDA: %TAGS %25ITEM %20SCHEDULED %15CONTENT
|   :END:
|
| Some content here.
`----

displayed like this:

  :tag: Try to propose something <2007-08-13 lun> Some content he

Or maybe this could be refined as this

  :AGENDA: "%s %s on %s (%s...)" %TAGS %25ITEM %20SCHEDULED %15CONTENT

So that the display would be

  :tag: Try to propose something on <2007-08-13 lun> (Some content he...)

I think using properties to define the way we want agenda entries to be
displayed is fine, since it let you define it for a whole buffer or for
each entry separately.

--
Bastien