Re: [Orgmode] Bug with Unicode text on properties

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug with Unicode text on properties
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:08:01 -0500

On 9/3/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2007, at 23:42, William Henney wrote:
> > On 9/2/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> I agree, but it is a fact that text you sent me did not look at all
> >> like spanish, but pretty much garbled.
> >
> > Daniel's file (bug-properties.org) looked fine to me (although it did
> > have strange German-style speech marks). My emacs (22.1.1)
> > automatically recognised it as utf8. Strange that yours didn't...
> >
> Yes, strange.  22.1 here as well, under Mac OSX.

To be more precise, I am using Aquamacs 1.1 on OS X 10.4.10 PPC G4.
However, I also tried it from the command line using the "-Q" option,
which supposedly turns off all the aquamacs-specific stuff, and it
still works (correctly identifies file as unicode).

Have you added an entry for org files to auto-coding-alist? Perhaps
"C-h C" (describe-coding-system") might help you debug it. Look at
"Priority order for recognizing coding systems when reading files".

Alternatively, maybe your mailer garbled the file when you saved it.

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia