Re: [Orgmode] canonical modifications to makefile for ubuntu feisty emac

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] canonical modifications to makefile for ubuntu feisty emacs 22.1.1?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:47:55 +0100

At some point, I made a mess of things in upgrading org-mode; stupidly I sometimes modified the makefile so as to install the local lisp files to a local lisp tree ~/emacs/site-lisp (loaded by my .emacs) and sometimes so that they ended up in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp. My bad.

Brian,

Having got some similar holes in my feet I install in my /home directory.

In my Makefile I have:

# Where local software is found
prefix=~/emacs

# Where local lisp files go.
lispdir = $(prefix)/org

In my .emacs:

(setq load-path (cons "~/emacs/org" load-path))

Thus any mistakes only affect my /home directory an so are more easily fixed. If you are the only user of the computer, this method works well.

Ian.