Re: [Orgmode] Re: PATCH: include in-progress/started todos into daily ag

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: PATCH: include in-progress/started todos into daily agenda
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:49:53 +0200

Max Mikhanosha <address@hidden> writes:

> Seeing "INPROGRESS Finish coding feature X" instead does not
> discourage me as I don't have to be reminded that I had already wasted
> 2 weeks on it, it just reminds me to continue to work on it today.

I get this point.

The only problem I can see with the solution you're proposing is this:
how do you know that a INPROGRESS headline is of the "sticky" kind? How
do you distinguish between those "keep-motivation-up" headings and other
INPROGRESS headings that are scheduled for this date?

Maybe you just don't *want* to distinguish between them, but other
people might at least expect some visual clue.

As for the vertical space limitation, I guess this wouldn't hurt that
much to get rid of the blank line and of the "========" line. And if you
want your INPROGRESS tasks to be displayed first, just swap the order of
(agenda) and (todo "INPROGRESS") in org-agenda-custom-commands?

--
Bastien