Re: [Orgmode] Marking a task done

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Marking a task done
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:16:53 +0200

Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have not followed very closely on the "dependency" thread that is
> hot now. But I guess my wish here probably relates to it. The feature
> I wish for is:
>
> When a TODO item is marked "DONE", all TODO items under that tree are
> automatically marked as "DONE". More generically, the user should be
> able to customize what states (for me, that is "DONE", "CANCELED",
> "SUSPENDED", "DELEGATED") will affect the whole subtree like "DONE".

Interesting. For me it probably be the opposite.

e.g If I had a task called "Project 1" I would expect it to be
automatically marked done when all sub tasks are marked as cancelled or
done.

In addition, a lot of people like marking each task with notes as they
change state so I think the onus is on the org user to take
responsibility to manually mark sub components - it is here (on the
individual items of work) that a lot of work goes into things like which
set of states a task can be, notes, scheduling times, clocks etc.