Re: [Orgmode] Categories

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Categories
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:57:42 +0100

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Aha ok. Note that like a lot of things its easy when you know how.

Well, my post started with this:

,----
| My setting for tags is this:
|
| #+TAGS:      { Read(r) Write(w) Code(c) }
| #+TAGS:      Mail(m) Print(p)
| #+TAGS:      { @HOME(H) @LAB(L) }
| #+TAGS:      { @Online(O) @Offline(F) }
`----

So you could deduce NEXT wasn't a tag.  But I wrongly assumed you knew
about combined tags/TODO searches.  I agree these are a bit complex, but
they are very well documented in the manual and the "Matching tags and
properties" section explicitely refers to id

  (info "(org)Matching tags and properties")

> As I said before one of the problems with flexible programs like org
> is that sometimes preferred usage doesn't immediately become apparent
> to the reader.

I don't know if using combined searches in custom agenda views
"preferred" and I certainly should have gone more into details here.

If you see anything that could clarify the manual for what you were
searching, please suggest.

--
Bastien