Re: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:36:58 +0100

>> Excellent.  I'd forgotten there were so many list types/styles though,
>> it seems that this might be better on some kind of cycle (like the
>> priority cookies).  I don't know what key binding you could use
>> though.  Could holding CTRL and using the arrows up/down work?
>
> I guess S-left/right would be quite natural for this.  OK.

Just one concern : if Org someday implements promoting/demoting of list
items and sublists, I think we'd like to have these keybindings:

- S-left/right   :  demote/promote a list item
- S-M-left/right :  demote/promote a whole sublist

Therefore the keys we have for editing the headlines structure will
behave quite the same for the lists structure.

I believe editing the list structure would be more frequently used than
switching from one list type to another. Just a thought, though.

--
Bastien