Re: [Orgmode] XEmacs + XP - reasonable make * org-mode = ?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] XEmacs + XP - reasonable make * org-mode = ?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:26:02 +0100

On Nov 29, 2007 6:09 PM, Michael Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
Good afternoon,

Is there a manual install procedure I can use to get org-mode up and running on xemacs on win xp?  I've tried byte-compiling things and dropping them in my load path (with the couple additional files in .\xemacs\), adding the requisite few lines in .emacs (a couple key hooks, ".org" mapping, (require org-install) etc.)

And when I try to M-x org-mode on an empty "stuff.org" file I get:

                  "Wrong number of arguments: #<subr make-char-table>,2"

which is where I get stuck.  Is the makefile doing anything more exotic than byte compiling and moving the elisp files?

Org-mode does not use make-char-table, so this is coming from some other XEmacs library.
Maybe you can produce a backtrace so that we can find this...

- Carsten

TIA,

- M