[Orgmode] Re: update-org script

From: Dan Griswold
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: update-org script
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:23:11 -0500

Pete Phillips <address@hidden> writes:

> Guys

> I'm confused about your concerns here.
>
> Carsten appears to link the latest version of the org tar file to
>
>       http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz
>
> therefore you don't need to do anything clever - you just run the
> script and it pulls down the latest version.

Now that's funny! When I was working out my little bit of bash
cleverness, I was thinking, "gee, this would be so much easier if
Carsten had linked the newest version of the tarball to some static
name."

And of course he had.

I hadn't thought he had, because an ls in lftp does not show the
link. So I _assumed_ (hah! serves me right!) that Carsten had not made
the link.

But, I think my solution was pretty clever, in a completely
unnecessary way.

Dan