Re: [Orgmode] Patch to allow quotes showing on *remember*

From: Hugo Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Patch to allow quotes showing on *remember*
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:26:22 -0300

Carsten,
Yeah, mostly for fun, but for example Sacha used it for learning
English-Japanese translations..
If there is a better way to fix the remember buffer, please tell me.

Here's a excerpt from Sacha's post:

Adding Other Text to the Remember Buffer

Remember has plenty of hooks that let you modify the behavior. For
example, you might want to insert a random tagline or fortune-cookie
saying whenever you create a note. This is a fun way to encourage
yourself to write more, because then there's a little surprise every
time you open a Remember buffer.

and here is the code that inserts that (rest is on the blog):

(eval-after-load 'remember
  '(progn
     (defadvice remember (after wicked activate)
       "Add random tagline."
       (save-excursion
         (goto-char (point-max))
         (insert "\n\n" (wicked/random-tagline) "\n\n")))))

Maybe i can implement that "cleaning the remember buffer" also as an
advice or hook?
Thanks in advance.
Hugo

Here's the link:
http://sachachua.com/wp/2008/01/13/capturing-notes-with-remember/
search for subtitle "Adding Other Text to the Remember Buffer"