Re: [Orgmode] HTML export and heading levels

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML export and heading levels
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 02:42:28 +0000

Hi Bernt,

thanks for sharing this -- I add some (hopefully useful) comments.

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> I started playing with HTML export this week and since I'm lazy I don't
> want to have to remember to export.  I created a few simple functions
> that export my org file to HTML and copies the resulting HTML file to my
> webserver when I save my org file using C-x C-s.

I guess we need the /home/bernt/bin/publish file for this to be really
reusable, no?

Another way to do a similar think

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda() (add-hook 'before-save-hook
                              'org-publish-current-file t t)))

This will run the `org-publish-current-file' function each time you try
to save an org-mode buffer.  For this to take effect, the file has to be
part of a project -- see the manual (info "(org)Configuration") on how
to configure a project.

> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'bth-org-define-keys)

I guess this should be:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'bth-org-define-keys)

> Now I have multiple org-mode files and they don't all have the same
> structure.  I've hardcoded the HTML export to level 2 in
> bth-export-save-then-publish but it would be much better to have the
> export honour the org-mode file option instead.

You can configure this through the org-publish project parameters.
See the manual: (info "(org)Publishing options") and look for the
:headline-levels parameter.

> One other thing that would be handy is a way to skip tasks in the
> export.  I'm not sure if anything like that exists yet or not.

(I wish we could set complex filters when exporting, but that may be
another story...)

> I normally have a
>
> * Timelog
>
> entry at the top of every org file which has the clock table format that
> is appropriate for that file.  I really don't want that included in my
> export to HTML so it would be great if there was a way to say 'skip this
> heading and all sublevel headings' on export - maybe as a property or
> something.

For this you can use this workaround:

* COMMENT Timelog

HTH,