[Orgmode] Release: Org-mode version 5.19

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Release: Org-mode version 5.19
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:21:07 +0100

Hi,

I am releasing version 5.19 of org-mode at

http://orgmode.org

Enjoy!

- Carsten

Changes in Version 5.19
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overview
========

   - Column view can list the clocked times of a subtree.

   - Storing remember notes can use the `org-refile' interface.

   - Storing remember notes no longer produced empty lines.

   - Moving subtrees now folds all siblings of the subtree.

   - New variable `org-agenda-todo-keyword-format'.

   - Hack to allow brackets in link descriptions.

   - Clocking into an entry can enforce a specific TODO state.

   - EXPORT_FILE_NAME may be an absolute file name with "~".

   - Bug fixes, lots of them.

Details
=======

   - A new special column definition lists the sum of all CLOCK
     entries in a subtree.  For example

      #+COLUMNS: %20ITEM %10Time_Estimate{:} %CLOCKSUM

     will allow you to compare estimated times (as given in the
     Time_Estimate property) with the clocked times.  This was a
     request by Bernt Hansen.

   - Storing remember notes can now use the `org-refile'
     interface instead of the `org-goto' interface (see the
     variable `org-remember-use-refile-when-interactive').
     Nothing will change if the note is stored immediately after
     pressing `C-c C-c' in the `*Remember*' buffer.  But if you
     have chosen (e.g. by pressing `C-u C-c C-c') to
     interactively select the filing location (file and
     headline), the refile interface will be used instead.  I am
     excited about this change, because the `org-goto' interface
     is basically a failure, at least for this application.  Note
     that in any case the refile interface has to be configured
     first by customizing `org-refile-targets'.

   - Notes inserted with remember now remove any whitespace
     before and after the note before being pasted, so that there
     will be no empty lines inserted together with the note.  We
     could invent special syntax in remember templates to allow
     creating empty lines before a note - is there anyone who'd
     want this?

   - Moving subtrees now folds all siblings of the subtree.  This
     is the only reasonably simple way I could find to avoid the
     reported inconsistencies in the folding state of the outline
     tree after moving entries.  There are reasons to like this
     new behavior, because it easily visualizes where the tree is
     located after the move.  Still, not everyone might be happy
     with this.  Massive complaining would be needed to make me
     fix this.

   - New variable `org-agenda-todo-keyword-format' to specify the
     width of the TODO keyword field in the agenda display.  Use
     it to get things to line up better.  This was a proposal by
     Rainer Stengele.

   - If a link description inserted with `C-c C-l' contains
     brackets, the brackets will now be converted into curly
     braces.  This looks similar enough.  Supporting brackets in
     link descriptions is, for technical reasons too long to
     explain here, complex.

   - The new option `org-clock-in-switch-to-state' can be set to
     a TODO state that will be enforced when the clock is started
     on an entry.  This follows an idea by Sacha Chua.

   - The EXPORT_FILE_NAME property may now also be an absolute
     file name, and it may contain abbreviations like "~" for the
     users home directory.  This was requested by Adam Spiers.

   - Bug fixes, lots of them.