[Orgmode] Re: Strange bug, request for more info

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Strange bug, request for more info
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:59:14 -0500

> John Wiegley is being haunted by a strange bug and I have so far not
> been able to reproduce and fix it.  So I would like to know
> if anyone else sees the same bug and can contribute observations
> that may help us to track this down.  I believe I had a similar
> report quite a while ago, but don't remember who reported it.
>
> The bug happens when being in the agenda and trying to goto or show
> the origin location of an agenda entry by pressing SPC or RET.
> John reports that sometimes (for him several times a day),
> the other window shows a completely different location.
> The most weird part of it is that going back to the agenda buffer
> and then trying the exact same command again, everything works
> fine!  This is driving me crazy, and I'd love to find and fix
> this problem.
>
> So please, if anyone sees the same bug, try to give as as much as info
> as possible.  How often does it happen, under what circumstances,
> what is your setup etc etc.

I'm seeing this as well.  Goto goes to the wrong place and redoing it
goes to the right place.   I'm also getting intermittent font colouring
problems in org which I haven't figured out.

I've also seen problems where column view inserts a new property drawer
in the middle of a clock drawer - but again I can't reproduce what
causes this.

I get something like (this is from memory since I've fixed up the cases
I've seen so the syntax probably isn't 100% accurate)

:CLOCK:
  CLOCK: blah
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Effort: 1:00
  :END:
:END:

I'm using the following org-mode features/behaviour:

 - clocking tasks
 - properties
 - tags
 - jumping around alot during the day (I basically clock everything)
 - this problem was happening before I started using column mode and
   is still happening after incorporating column mode
 - I use org-clock-goto many times a day (it's bound to a function key  for me)
 - I have multiple org mode buffers and I regularly move between them

I wish I had more details.  I've been trying to reproduce what causes
this for a long time...

Bernt