Re: [Orgmode] faces for keywords

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] faces for keywords
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:21:11 +0100

On Feb 7, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Dmitri Minaev wrote:

When I followed the examples given in the manual for setting
org-todo-keyword-faces, I could change the font color but not its
weight.  I had to defface a new face and use it in the
org-todo-keyword-faces to get the bold font.

What I did first was:
(setq org-todo-keyword-faces
     '(("WAITING"  . (:foreground "blue" :weight bold :bold t))))

The same face definition syntax used with defface worked well:
(defface org-waiting-face '((t (:foreground "blue" :weight bold :bold
t))) "Face for WAITING todo items.")
(setq org-todo-keyword-faces
     '(("WAITING"  . org-waiting-face)))

GNU Emacs (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

What did I do wrong?

I don't know, do not understand faces well enough in Emacs.

- Carsten

With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

Russian history blog: http://minaev.blogspot.com