Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a

From: Xin Shi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:57:50 -0400

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
Hi Xin,

Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

When export the org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the
buffer. Since the html file has already been saved, shall we not open
it in Emacs?

`C-c C-e b' -- The `b' standing for [b]rowsing.
I used the C-c C-e h ( org-export-as-html).

| Command   | Save to a file | Jump to buffer | Don't kill buffer |
|-----------+----------------+----------------+-------------------|
| C-c C-e b | V              | V              | V                 |
| C-c C-e h | V              | X              | V                 |
| C-c C-e H | X [temp buf]   | V              | V                 |

All export commands export to a buffer.
All exported buffers are still around after export.
Is that possible to make it kill the buffer on the C-c C-e h case? Or let user to customize this behavior? I don't know the reason to keep that buffer in this case. (I know in the ps-spool-buffer case, the output PostScript buffer is open, because that buffer is not saved to any file).

Some export command also save the file.
Some export command also jump to the buffer.

Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.

I'm not sure where are these two differences comes from? Are they behaviors in org or in general?

HTH,

Thank you!

Xin