Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode versus Taskpaper - now for real

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode versus Taskpaper - now for real
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:27:06 +0100

Bastien wrote:
Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

It's a shame Taskpaper doesn't just use a subset of org-mode's syntax
really.

What would it be useful for?  Using both TaskPaper and org-mode?  I
think people using TaskPaper are not likely to use org-mode and vice
versa.

No. Like you, I can't see anyone realistically using both Taskpaper and Org-mode. It's purely an academic argument as it's not going to happen, but hypothetically if Taskpaper had adopted a subset of Org's syntax then you could more easily exchange files between Org and Taskpaper users.

For example, you *might* be able to convince your mum to use Taskpaper but there's no way she'd ever use Emacs and Org-mode.

Personally, I'll never require such a thing.

R.