Re: [Orgmode] Sorting agenda items

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting agenda items
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:13:28 +0530

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

>  On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Manish wrote:
>

> > Hello All,
> >
> >  I would like to set up a daily agenda view with todos sorted in the
> > following order:
> >
> >  1. Timed TODOs
> >  2. DEADLINES
> >  3. TODO type - STARTED
> >  4. TODO type - NEXT
> >  5. TODO type - TODO
> >
> >  I could find/figure out how to do #1 and #2 but #3-5 escape me.  I
> > hope I did not miss it in the manual.
> >

>  You cannot sort tasks in an agenda view according to TODO type,
>  but you can make a block agenda that extracts the different task
>  types one by one.
>
>  For example
>
>  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>    '(("A" "Task types"
>       ((agenda "" nil)
>       (todo "STARTED" nil)
>       (todo "NEXT" nil)
>       (todo "TODO" nil))
>       nil nil)))
>
>  sets up a view that contains
>
>  1. The agenda, which includes scheduled and deadline stuff.
>  2. All STARTED entries
>  3. All NEXT entries
>  4. All TODO entries
>

>  The other posiility, if you want to reduce the amount of stuff you look at,
> is to make
>  separate commands for each of these
>
>  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>    '(("A" . "Tasks")
>      ("Aa" "My agenda" agenda "" nil)
>      ("As" "STARTED Stuff" todo "STARTED" nil)
>      ("An" "NEXT Actions" todo "NEXT" nil)
>      ("At" "TODO Items" todo "TODO" nil)))
>
>  HTH

Sure does.  Thanks.

How do I build an agenda for items scheduled for today (only for
today, optionally also the ones not scheduled for any day as well)
matching a certain tag?

I have tried various combinations with little success.

I am using tag inheritance, have the tag added to the list of
inherited tags and also have org-tags-match-list-sublevels set to t.
Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

-- Manish