Re: [Orgmode] Bock quotes or indented quotes in org text

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bock quotes or indented quotes in org text
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 08:56:31 -0400

"Charles Martin" <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems like I *much* just be having a senior moment, but I can't
> figure how to get a block quote or indented text in org mode.

Is this for exporting?  The org manual says this:

. o O ( 12.6.4 Quoted examples ----------------------                )
      (                                                              )
      ( When writing technical documents, you often need to insert   )
      ( examples that are not further interpreted by Org-mode.  For  )
      ( historical reasons, there are several ways to do this:       )
      (                                                              )
      (    * If a headline starts with the word `QUOTE', the text    )
      (      below the headline will be typeset as fixed-width, to   )
      (      allow quoting of computer codes etc.                    )
      (                                                              )
      (    * Lines starting with `:' are also typeset in fixed-width )
      (     font.  `C-c :' Toggle fixed-width for entry (QUOTE) or   )
      (     region, see below.                                       )
      (                                                              )
      (    * Finally, text between #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE quoted text       )
      (    #+END_EXAMPLE will also be exported in this way.          )
      (                                                              )

That's not really satisfactory for me, because most of the time when I
want to export a blockquote, it's not a code sample, but a block quote
from an article or such.  I've ended up using

@<blockquote>
    quoted text
@</blockquote>

since I'm generally exporting HTML for blog usage.  That's not perfectly
satisfactory, either (since I /could/ want to export to something else),
but it's good enough most of the time.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |