Re: [Orgmode] Drawers for plain old stuff

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Drawers for plain old stuff
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 23:29:18 +1000

the drawer cannot contain a headline, i.e. a line starting with one or several stars followed by a space character. Most likely, this is what was causing you problems?

A case I can think of---perhaps not convincing?---for regular expression of
drawer names is a file with many pasted in, lengthy notes or data sets.  So as
to be able to distinguish them without opening them, one might wish to title

An extremely simple regular expression would be "DATA.*" . One can argue, convincingly, that each data set would best be stored in a file, and could be linked to. I did have two sets of calendars from 1984 and 1985 that were not huge, but were in the way. I can as easily entitle each with a headline, then brace them in :CACHE: drawers.
You have convinced me, but I hope I would not bore you by asking you for
comments about this.

Thank you very much for your helpful answer, verifying what I suspected from experiments.