Re: [Orgmode] Upgrading org-mode (in W32)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Upgrading org-mode (in W32)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:42:09 -0700

On Jul 25, 2008, at 8:40 AM, Bill Raynor wrote:

Hello,
I just upgraded my emacs to the current W32 version (GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1) which includes org-mode 6.05a. How do I upgrade org-mode when it is in the ...\emacs\lisp directory? In the past I have just created a new directory in site-lisp and rewrote my .emacs file to point to the new one. Do I just unpack in the existing directory and restart, or is there some other magic?

I would not recommend overwriting org in the default directories.  I would alway just run it from the distribution directory.  All you need to do then is to add the path to this directory, and to make sure that Emacs looks at the new directory before checking its own directories.

- Carsten