[Orgmode] artist/mouse - was: protecting ascii art

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: [Orgmode] artist/mouse - was: protecting ascii art
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:07:59 +0200

I think what we need for this a possibility to turn of org-mouse
module. Which I would like anyway, since it often get's in my way.

Maybe the mouse sensitivity could be on leading stars and links

E.g. cut text with right mouse button...

In org, I now use 'M-x edit-picture' instead, which is great too.

Scott Otterson wrote:
By the way, it would be lovely if it were possible to use emacs's built-in artist-mode:

to draw diagrams inside of an org mode buffer. Right now, hitting M-x artist-mode while already in org-mode clobbers the org file. But with some code twizzling, maybe it would be possible to use artist-mode to interactively draw ascii graphics, just like we can now create ascii tables. That would make org-mode a complete text-based system -- a plain text paradise.