Re: [Orgmode] org-plot (generating graphs from org-mode)

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-plot (generating graphs from org-mode)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:30:51 +0200

Hi Eric,

Great! This version fixes ALL the bugs I mentioned in my previous
email on emacs 23 !!!

I.e.

  - It always renders the plot after the first C-M-g
  - All three tables work

And it's much faster indeed!

Thank's, it's fantastic :-)

 - Sebastian

Eric Schulte wrote:
On Tuesday, August 26, at 11:08, Eric Schulte wrote:
 > On Tuesday, August 26, at 19:57, Stephan Schmitt wrote:
> > Eric, did you know that Carsten provided a function called > > org-table-to-lisp in org-6.06b? I think with this you can > > refactor your code to be more modular and thus better > > maintainable and extensible.

I have switched over to using `org-table-to-lisp' for all table
manipulation, and (at least in my environment), it seems to have made
the graphing functions faster, and much more reliable (no longer do I
have to run a function twice to generate a graph).

I believe this should fix most of the bugs mentioned previously.

Also, I have finished support for 3d graphing.  The updated version is
up on my git repo at

http://github.com/eschulte/org-plot/tree/master

or

git clone git://github.com/eschulte/org-plot.git

Of course if anyone has any comments, problems, or suggestions please
let me know.

Thanks -- Eric