Re: [Orgmode] ideas for org-refile

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ideas for org-refile
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:08:19 +0200

Hi Samuel,

On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:07 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:

I am just starting to use org-refile.  I read the manual but these
didn't seem to be there.  (It's possible that I missed one or two.)

Maybe they would be of interest?

*** org-refile
***** org-refile: new command to save to the last place saved
thus, you don't need to enter any target.

You will get back to the previous target simply by pressing <up> at
the prompt, as the previous target is in the history.  I'd say this
is good enough.

***** org-refile: accept a region if transient-mark-mode

What do you mean by this?  A region with several headlines, to
move them all?

***** org-refile: allow you to enter a new item
it will create that and refile under it.  might need to experiment
with different interfaces.

I think this is what remember is for.  If you exit a remember buffer
with `C-1 C-c C-c', the refile interface will be used to file the entry.

***** org-refile: use ido.el or similar when using path method
or iswitchb or anything.el.  obviously you would not want it
to require such packages, but for those who have them.

I don't know ido.el, what advantages would it give?

- Carsten