Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode Presentation Videos

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode Presentation Videos
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:39:45 +0200

Russell Adams wrote:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 02:02:07PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
Sebastian Rose wrote:
First, I don't know emacs lisp. I've been planning to learn it, but finding the time is difficult and I'm not a professional programmer.

Don't need to know lisp. ;]

Right, my lisp is a desaster. But there are so many snippets for emacs'
custtomization around (in the org-manual, on this list, in emacs docs),
that I manage to fiddle something together.

And, it does not hurt to ask ;-)

Second, the customizations I use for LaTeX vary widely between files. My understanding of your code, please correct me if I'm wrong, is that if I have multiple header files for different types of documents, then I must change my .emacs each time I want to change headers. This doesn't seem to be very convenient to me. I suppose it is possible to write some code to take care of multiple header files, but what if one has a brand new header file?

There is a new feature where you can use template lines for the latex
header instead of customizing .emacs or loading a local variable.

#+LATEX_HEADER my header here
#+LATEX_HEADER my second row here

I think this is new in git, you may have to have the latest.

Russel is always one step ahead :-D

But still, I prefer the elisp setup, since it's as Manish said:

I have found that I write only a certain "types" of latex documents,
professional reports and personal resume for example.  And each type
tends to have same preamble.  Even between latex documents much of the
preamble is also similar.

I use one LaTeX-header for all, mostly documentation for customers.
That's how LaTeX is supposed to be used, right? Define one header file
with logos, page headers and footers, link colors etc., and that's it.