Re: [Orgmode] keeping track of sent emails in org?

From: Pete Phillips
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] keeping track of sent emails in org?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:27:21 +0000

    Sebastian> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
    >> In the git version, message ids are now used for links to gnus
    >> articles.  Could some of you please verify this change?

    Sebastian> How to?  I did a `C-c l' in an outgoing message and a
    Sebastian> `C-c C-l' in an Org-file.  The link created was:

    Sebastian> [[file:emacs/gnus/News/drafts/drafts/2::asdf][Test for
    Sebastian> outgoing mail link]]

    Sebastian> Is this, what's expected? Or do I have to set something
    Sebastian> up first?

As far as I am aware, message ID's are generated by the MTA, not the
MUA. Therefore I doubt that you can link to a message that hasn't been
through the MTA. Certainly in mh-e, when I'm editing a draft, there is
no Message-ID in the header, so I doubt if what Sebastien is trying to
do above will work (unless gnus generates the ID during composition of
the email ?)

Pete