[Orgmode] Re: keeping track of sent emails in org?

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: keeping track of sent emails in org?
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 07:37:25 -0600

> On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:35 AM, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
>> Michael Ekstrand <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I have some code that does this in my Gnus configuration.  It is only
>>> known to work for NNML, however, and I believe it depends on the
>>> ID-tracking support used to enable the fancy-split-with-parent
>>> feature.
>>> It does, however, successfully find messages across groups.
>>>
>>> The Gnus registry could probably be used to enable similar support
>>> for
>>> other backends.
>
> Would it be possible to use the registry to make it possible to find
> messages anywhere in gnus, just by message id?

Probably.  I think there's a chance that the message will have fallen
out of the registry if it's particularly old, and it may have problems
in IMAP environments if a message has been moved by another client, but
for general usage it should work fine, and in my estimation probably
won't have more problems than the folder#index scheme.

Note that I haven't actually used the Registry myself yet, merely read
about it and thought "that looks interesting, but I don't need it yet,
and it will probably not play well with my Unison synchronization."

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.