[Orgmode] A few new user questions, Custom agenda views, calendar in fra

From: Jonathan Arkell
Subject: [Orgmode] A few new user questions, Custom agenda views, calendar in frame, and Hyperlinks on win32
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:06:51 -0500

Hi Everybody

I have some fairly simple new user questions, and I am hoping you guys can help
me out.

I have a few custom agenda views that I would like to create, but I am having
some issues.  My files are laid out in 1 file per project, and each file starts
with a level 1 outline element tagged :project:.  (I do have other file types
that are appropriately tagged).    I thought that if I wanted to list all TODOs
in all my (appropriately tagged) project files, it would be as easy as setting
up a custom agenda command.  The one I set up had a tags-todo type, with search
“project” or “+project”, but I get … well… no results.  Ideally I’d like to
have a couple of different lists, all project tagged files with TODO items and
all project tagged files with WAITING items.  Can someone give me a hand?  (I’m
not adverse to using setq in my .emacs, in fact, that might make things a
little easier for me anyways)

Secondly, I am having an issue where my Calendar is popping up in a new frame
all the time, either when scheduling an item or through remember.  I’d rather
it pop up in a new window instead.  Is this possible?

Finally, I am having a problem with some external links, whenever I try to
visit a file like \\AWindowsServer\path\to\file  I get the error message “eval:
ShellExecute failed: The system cannot find the file specified. ^M”  Is it easy
to fix this?  What is going on?

I am using org 6.10c, on Emacs W32 (Emacs v 22).

Thanks!

Jonathan Arkell
Sr. Web Developer
Inspired by Drum + Bass, Scheme, Kawaii
402 – 11 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0Y4
t: 403.206.4377
www.criticalmass.com

The information contained in this message is confidential. It is intended to be
read only by the individual or entity named above or their designee. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and delete or destroy any copy of this message.