[Orgmode] Using yasnippet with org Mode

From: Ian Barton
Subject: [Orgmode] Using yasnippet with org Mode
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:23:39 +0000

Someone on the list mentioned yasnippet a while ago. I have been trying it out and I like it. However, I can't get it to play nicely with org mode. I have read various fixes, but none seem to work for me. To summarize what I have done:

In my .emacs:

(require 'org-install)

;; Yasnippet
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs-lisp/plugins")
(require 'yasnippet)
(add-to-list 'yas/extra-mode-hooks
             'python-mode-hook)
(yas/initialize)
(yas/load-directory "~/.emacs-lisp/snippets/")

;; Make Yasnippet play nicely with org mode.
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
'(lambda ()
(make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
(setq yas/trigger-key [tab])))

When I run C-h k I get:

<tab> runs the command yas/expand
  which is an interactive Lisp function in `yasnippet.el'.
It is bound to <tab>, TAB.
(yas/expand)

Expand a snippet.

I can see yas in my status line when I open an org file and using tab with yasnippet works fine in other text mode files. I think that I am probably missing something obvious, as other people can get it to work.

Ian.