Re: [Orgmode] Re: Release 6.13

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Release 6.13
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:55:06 +0100

On Nov 25, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Hi Sebastian,

it seems to me thatt his patch depends on the projects in
org-publish-projects-alist to be defined in a certain order,
with the components first, and the big "parent" projects later.
So maybe you need to iterate the dolist loop until it stabilizes.

Also, I guess a "component" could be part of several "parents"?
Hmm, maybe not a likely setup.  OK, les not worry about this issue.

org-publish-get-project-from-filename always returned the first matching
project. It still does so, but if one or more composite projects are
found, of which the files project is a component, the last composite is
returned instead. In that, it still does what it always did.

Yes, this depends on a certain kind of setup. But it's the setup from
the example in the docs, so I feel people will most likely use
that. Since one has to provide the `:publishing-function', the only way to publish static content (e.g. images) AND dynamic content is to provide a
composite project.

The issue came up with org-exp-blocks.el [1]. ditaa blocks contain text, that is changed, just to update an image. I never ran into this, simply
because I never used `C-c C-e P' [2].

The publishing of a composite project depends on the sequence of it's
`:components' anyway [3].

Maybe this should be mentioned in the docs at the end of section 13.2.2?

'The `:components' in "website" are guaranteed to be published in the
sequence provided.'

I think it fits better at the end of 13.1.1, where it is located now.

Thanks.

- Carsten