Re: [Orgmode] structure editing in brainstorming mode

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] structure editing in brainstorming mode
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:36:32 +0100

>> Thanks.  But I had to turn on transient mark mode for it to work.
>> Intended behavior I guess?
> Yes.  Everybody should turn it on.  Why would you not?

  Why „should“ everyone use transient mark mode? Not everyone has to like that
setting, and some may prefer to work without it.

  I myself find it confusing because when I set the mark, I want just to mark
that point for later use (to jump quickly there, for instance).
transient-mark-mode assumes that I always want to *start a region*, which is
not true.

  I also like to select text without highlighting; it is less distracting and
more readable.

  I wish you a (transient-mark-mode -1) and a happy new year :-)