Re: [Orgmode] Re: shortcut keys for mark ups

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: shortcut keys for mark ups
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:00:09 +0100

On Jan 6, 2009, at 7:50 PM, Xin Shi wrote:

Hi Bernt,

Thanks for your reply! That's what I was trying to do. But I think Carsten's suggestion of using the "org-structure-template-alist" is more appealing to general user.

I do like thought that Bernt puts his template around the current line.....

- Carsten

Xin

Bernt Hansen wrote:
Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

In org mode, are there any shortcut keys for typing the following mark-ups?

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
#+END_EXAMPLE

Not that I'm aware of.  You can use a function like the following to
achieve this - or maybe you can use yasnippets (I've never tried that
yet)

(defun bth-begin-example ()
 (interactive)
 (save-excursion
   (beginning-of-line)
   (insert "#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE\n")
   (end-of-line)
   (insert "\n#+END_EXAMPLE")))

(global-set-key (kbd "<f9> e") 'bth-begin-example)

Then you can just type <f9> e while on a line and it'll put the EXAMPLE
block around the current line.

HTH,

-Bernt