[Orgmode] Windows and emacs

From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
Subject: [Orgmode] Windows and emacs
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 22:41:36 +0100

Hi guys,

it may happen that I have to switch to Windows XP and since I have no
idea how XP works (up to this point in time I only ran Linux machines) I
thought to ask since I want to stick with org-mode: How do I get
org-mode and emacs run best with XP?  As far as I know there are at
least two ways to get emacs running; one is to simply download emacs,
two is downloading cygwin; if it is cygwin that I have to go with then
which emacs?  If I saw it right there are several choices ... ummm ...
any hints on that?

Thanx in advance

ray