Re: [Orgmode] Problem searching CLOSED and DEADLINE properties

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem searching CLOSED and DEADLINE properties
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:06:34 +0100

On Jan 9, 2009, at 5:58 PM, Bart Parliman wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jan 7, 2009, at 9:24 PM, Bart Parliman wrote:

When the example file below is added to the agenda file list, and I perform an agenda property search (C-c C-a m), I can't seem to locate any CLOSED items if I use the date matching format, for example these don't work...

This one works fine for me.

This one does not, because the CLOSED time stamp
in the example also contains a time, while you comparison value is taken to be at midnight.

... but a regexp search like this...
... works fine.  For DEADLINE, an exact date matches fails...

For me it works fine.

- Carsten

... but an inequality match succeeds...
FWIW I'm using version 6.17b. Am I just using this format incorrectly?

My apologies. I recently installed 6.17b, but to the wrong lisp target directory (i.e. so I was effectively using an older version of the code, 6.12b I think). After installing it in the proper directory this works fine.

:-) Yes, many problems come from running one version and reading the manual of another version :-)

I am glad it works. Even though, looking at your post, I am wondering if it would be useful to limit the comparison to "date-only" if the comparison value is a date without a time.......

- Carsten