Re: [Orgmode] Does secondary filtering allow multiple tags?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Does secondary filtering allow multiple tags?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:18:28 +0100

On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:37 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

* On Sat 11:12AM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (address@hidden ) wrote:
Hi Hsiu,

nice hack.  But I am still wondering why you do not
use "primary filtering" for this, i.e. a tags search
for "project1|project2"

    C-c a m project1|project2 RET

I couldn't get such a search to work with a daily/weekly/monthly agenda view. I was trying to restrict the weekly (say) agenda view to just two projects (identified by tags), which seems like a nice view for scheduling tasks. I would love a simple way to do this. If different projects were in different files, then one can modify org-agenda-files temporarily to achieve this, but my
projects are not always cleanly separated that way.

Yes, you are right, for the agenda this cannot be achieved,
except for constructing your own org-agenda-skip-function.

- Carsten