[Orgmode] Command key problem in agenda view

From: Bruce Hackett
Subject: [Orgmode] Command key problem in agenda view
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:23:23 -0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I'm learning new things about org-mode all the time. It's great!
However, I have a problem with using some of the command keys in the
agenda view. /, y, G, v and C-u v don't work at all, only giving a
warning that the buffer is read-only. "m" does the same as "M" (phases
of the moon), not the month view. The other keys work correctly (have
tested most of them).

These keys all work correctly in other modes, including org. I have
tried removing everything from my .emacs except the basic org-mode
stuff, to no avail. I have the same problem on two computers running
emacs 22.2 under ubuntu and fc5. On one computer I have a dual boot and
run a win32 emacs under XP; all the offending keys do work there! But my
main OS is linux. I use a Norwegian keyboard on both computers.

This must be a simple problem - embarassingly so, I fear - but I'm at
wits end. It looks like some really nice features I am unable to
utilize.

Any ideas of what this could be or where to dig further would be greatly
appreciated. Sorry to come with such a mundane problem. It's just that
I really am hooked on org-mode.

Best regards,
Bruce Hackett