Re: [Orgmode] HOWTO export document to wiki text?

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HOWTO export document to wiki text?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:03:06 -0600

Hi Ian,

Ian Barton <address@hidden> writes:

>> My dream is for wiki software that uses org files as its backend, thus
>> enabling community editing of org files via the web. But that, of
>> course, is only a dream at this point.
>>

> I use PmWiki (http://www.pmwiki.org) for lots of things. It stores
> pages in a sort of plain text format. However, it's possible to use
> your own markup rules, so in principle it could be used with org
> files.

Yes, I use PmWiki myself and think it's great. However, custom markup
rules would work only as a partial solution here, since PmWiki stores
pages (with all diffs) in its own peculiar flat file format that can't
really be edited directly. (Take a look at the files in your wiki.d
directory.)

I suppose one could create org markup rules for Pmwiki and then edit the
pages in org-mode via w3m. There is also a defunct pmwiki-mode for emacs
that pulls PmWiki pages off a website for editing.

For org-mode/wiki integration, oddmuse might be a good choice, since its
stores each pages as a very simple plain text file. In fact, a quick
google search revealed some efforts to create org-mode markup for
oddmuse a year ago.

- http://www.oddmuse.org/cgi-bin/oddmuse/Comments_on_Writing_Extensions

- http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/4032

I'll have to investigate further.